Monday, January 21, 2008

Never bet against the Patriots in 2007-08

Wow, it's been a week since my last bog. My bad. Welcome to bog 1.009!

It's been a very profitable day for me. Let's rundown all the bets, and then we'll get to some news that might just make you shake your head and say "WHAT?!?!?!?!"

Bet #1 - Matty - Keeping in mind that Matty & I work together at the home of the Chargers, and we bet all the way back in week 2 the loser would get a car wash, I finally got my car washed on Friday - the loser buys the winner a new visor. I would like a championship visor sir!

Bet #2 - Elizabeth Carpenter - She started the trash talking in week 15 of the regular season. So since she is only 16 I thought I would give her a break. She doesn't have a job so I had to tame this one down, a McDonald's double cheeseburger from the $1 menu, No Ketchup, No Onion, extra pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet #3 - Heather, my niece - She is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, why I have no idea, but she started talking trash as her Cowboys were losing to the Giants. I ratchet this one up just a smidgen, but knowing that my sister will probably end up paying for it, I figure I will never get this bet. The bet was: If the Chargers win, I would get her a pair of the boots with a fur lining on the top. If the Patriots win, and since they did, I will be getting a brand new Patriots blanket.

and the last bet.......

Bet #4 - Cathy Washbourn - Every year, I usually get an extra copy of the Chargers media guide and give it to my good friends Kevin & Cathy, they are huge (no pun intended) Charger fans, so I'm nice & get them a media guide. We were at the SDSDA 3rd Saturday roundup on the 19th and they were talking some crap about the Patriots, and then they remembered that I'm a Patriot fan. I looked right at Cathy and said, would you like to place a wager on the game? She looked back at me and asks how much, this is when I told her that unless I'm in Vegas I don't bet money, I bet property!!!!!! She asked what I had in mind, and I asked her the same, she offered a $5 Arch card from McDonald's, I accepted, and will be using it for dinner before my night classes that start next week.

So, now on to the NY Giants. I have at least one friend that is a devoted Giants fan, and I started the trash talking when the two teams met just about a month ago. I will be giving Ryan a ring probably on Wednesday to see if he wishes to place a property wager on the game, hell, this is the "Roman Numeral Classic" (Can't use the term Super B...., because I don't want to get sues by the NFL) I might even bet $$$$$$. Remember kids, I'm a trained professional don't try this at home, unless I come a knocking!!!!!

Other news from this week, I took my final in Elementary stats, I have no idea what my final is, because my instructor has yet to e-mail me the grade, even thou I asked me to do so after he graded it. I was also installed into the SDSDA Executive board as Representative to the Back Country Association (first meeting is tonight).

OK, now for some weird news...........
Courtesy of the AP and the San Fransisco Chronicle

Pullman police said a WSU student was arrested twice the same night for
smoking marijuana. The 20-year-old was arrested Tuesday night with two other men for smoking in a parking lot, police said. They were cited, fingerprinted and
released shortly after midnight.
Less than two hours later, an officer saw three men passing around a pipe in a pickup truck and arrested the student again and the two others for possessing marijuana.
Police Commander Chris Tennant said he hopes the student isn't kicked out of WSU because it seems he needs a bit more education.


well................................I've never done pot, but I'm thinking that if you already got caught once, you would make sure not to get caught twice in the same NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! some more "huh????" news.

Again, Courtesy of the AP & the San Francisco Chronicle

A man accidentally shot himself in the groin as he was robbing a convenience
store Tuesday, police said.
A clerk told police a man carrying a semiautomatic handgun entered the Village Pantry demanding cash and a pack of cigarettes. The clerk put the cash in a bag and as she turned to get the cigarettes, she heard the gun discharge.
Police say surveillance video shows the man shooting himself as he placed the gun in the waistband of his pants. The clerk wasn't injured.
A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg.
Kosch was released from the hospital Tuesday and booked into the Howard
County jail on a charge of armed robbery, criminal recklessness and battery. He
is being held on a $100,000 cash bail. A jail official did not know if he had
retained an attorney Wednesday.

Ummmm, last time I checked, if you are going to have an automatic or semi-automatic weapon, in the waistband of your paints, you should really put the SAFETY ON!!!!! As Walter would say, "dumbass"!!! If you don't know who Walter is, check out youtube and search for "Jeff Dunham & Walter"

Until apparently next week, when I get to tell you all about the fun of learning how to be the studio engineer for an Aztecs Basketball game, Garth Brooks in concert, & the Buick Invitational final round. See you in bog edition 1.010 (WOW, I've made double digits).

No comments: