Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rain, late night runs to JITB, and dumb ass cops

Welcome to bog 1.010 (wow we made it to double digits =) ), this time around some late night adventures to JITB and San Diego drivers & rain, not a good combonation.

Well, let's start withthe rain, becasue it came first! On a normal day, according to the CHP they get between 25-35 accidents, between 7 & 10 last night they had 88 incidents, two words to my fellow San Diego drivers when it rains "Slow Down"! If you slow down, you will not get into accidents. Even I slow down when the roads are slick, and I don't slow down just because I see a police vehicle, unless they have thier lights on and are behind me!!!!

Late night runs to JITB can be quite hillarious. I just got done with one, we have a JITB (Jack In The Box in case u couldn't figure it out) right around the corner from work and they are open 24 hrs on the drive thru. I pulled up and ordered the Steak & Egg burrito, no Chipoltle sauce. At this the gal taking the order says, "do u want eggs in that?" I respond with a sure, whatever. I pull around to the window to pay and the guy doesn't even say anything he just holds out his hand. Maybe its me, but I'd be asking why I was up, in a conversational tone. This guy didn't even say "Hi". I gave him the money, and when the burrito comes up, he doesn't even ask if I want the salsa, he just puts it in the bag (even with me looking at him and shaking my head no). The amazing thing is that it was right!!!!!!!!!

Last night I was in PB (Pacific Beach for those of you not in San Diego), and was going from Longboards to Moondoggies. Maybe a 5 block drive, and I leave Longboards parking lot, turn onto Garnet go about a half a block and a SDPD is going the other way. He passes me going east, I don't even look then all of a sudden I see the tattle tale Red & Blue lights in my rearview mirror its the same cop. I pull into a parking lot, turn the car off and roll down my window. The cop comes up and asks for License and Insurance. He asks how I am, and I say I'm fine (and brownie points were earned by) and I asked him how he was. He was kinda shocked by my asking how he was. He then asked why I was driving with my brights on, I informed him that my regular beams had burned out on my way down to PB from my home in Mission Valley and I had yet to get to a auto parts store to get them fixed. (The truth is that I have been running with only my brights for about 2 weeks) He asked me to put just my regular beams on, I did, he went to the front and checked them out. He came back and said, well, you have a plastic cover on your plates, get the plastic cover off and fix your headlights. I say yes sir (while I was thinking, ok dumbass, you chose to pull me over instead of going after drunks or folks speeding?). He just let me go with a virbal warning.

That is it for this early morning/late night entry. Oh, I got my grade for Elementary Statistics, and I got a "C"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)))))))

Til bog 1.011 see ya! T- minus 2 days and a few hours until GB & I are back in the same building!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jesse May said...

So - its 2/24/08 and those lights are bright - so when is the fixit day????????

Chris said...

when I get money $$$$$$$