Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love him, but damn if he isn't the biggest ass

Any guesses on whom I'm talking about? If you said my dad you are correct.

My dad doesn't have any hearing in his right ear. No big deal, if he were to just deal with this. He has had this issue for close to two years now, and he is no where near accepting it.

Here is the situation this afternoon. He walks in from doing his laundry at the laundrymat, my mom doesn't want him to wash his work clothes in our washer and dryer, why I have no idea, but she doesn't. He asks me a question, and I answer him in a normal volume. He turns around and says "what?" I exhale (in a semi-pissed off way) and begin to repeat the answer and he just goes off. He claims that I mumble and don't speak clearly, and all of this other crap. Now, if he were to actually give in and wear a hearing aid, he would have heard me without any issue. But since he is so damn conseded that "he doesn't need hearing aids, you just need to speak up". Well, the problem with that is that when I do speak up and talk alittle louder so that he can hear me he claims that I'm yelling. So there really is no way to win in this situation. I'm either yelling or I'm mumbeling ... there is no middle ground.

Any ideas out there?

No comments: