Sunday, April 13, 2008

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Day @ the Ballpark

Talk about a long, long, long draining day at the ballpark.



For those who do not know, I work with the San Diego Christian College Baseball team, as statistician and in-game dj. This is great, because I love college baseball, and baseball in general but talk about a long day at the park.



The San Diego Christian baseball team plays at Stars Field/Casiono Diamond on the Barona Indian Reservation here in San Diego County. The field is nice and is very pitcher freindly (especcially when the wind blows in, like it was yesterday). The only downside to this facility is that when it is hot (+ 90F) the heat just drains all energy out of those who are at the ballpark.



The field has gone through many upgrades since I worked for the Stars, including a closed in press box (there is nothing worse then a blue tarp over your head trapping the heat in on a hot July day!). I got to the field at 11:30 for a noon first pitch (yes, late by my standards, but when you only get 4 hours sleep what more do you wnat?). I took the laptop, printer, and the other equipment that was going to be needed, including 2 waters and a gatorade to keep me hydrated (very easy to get dehydrated up there). First game was a total blowout 12-4 #4 Azusa Pacific's favor. With the game being alot more lopsided then what the score would indicate.

Anyways, so that was how my Saturday went. Love to write more, but I need to work on my term paper.

PS. Turned in my rough draft on my term paper today (4/16). It was supposed to be five pages, but I only got in four and a half pages turned in. CD

1 comment:

Jesse May said...

Hay, what are you doing this weekend (4/19)????