Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baseball, the Beach & Vegas

So last weekend, I went to visit my friends up in beautiful Lakewood, CA (Long Beach). I went to a baseball game between the Edmonton Cracker Cats and the Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America including Barrow, Alaska (aka the Armada). The Armada won the game, and one of the people that I went with was absolutely amazed that I knew every single word of "Oh, Canada". I then followed it up with a decent rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

On Sunday, I went to the Croakers and then followed them to Seal Beach in Orange County. I had fun at the beach and enjoyed the company of the entire crew.

Then on Monday, after enjoying the coolness of the beach communities of Lakewood, Long Beach and Seal Beach I transitioned to the presumed heat of Las Vegas. In reality, Las Vegas was pleasent highs in the 100-103 range, hot but manageable. I had the fun of showing a Vegas Virgin around town along with Tommy, who now lives there. Monday night, I played craps at the Excaliber, I bought in for $180, I went down to $24, only to rebound to cash out with $719. At one point in the trip I was up to nearly $900, I am sitting at work right now, after getting back around 2:30 this afternoon with only $2 in my pocket and oweing Matt for breakfast this am.

No comments: